Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And Away We Go...

I need some blog therapy! I am so lost at the moment. Back in January Reece's mom expressed some interest in enrolling him in a private catholic school for Pre-K. She also has expressed that she wants him to attend private catholic school throughout his education. Shawn and I were really taken back by this. First of all we were not even sure about him going to Pre-K this year because he has a late July Birthday. He could very well start school (Kindergarten) 2 years from now and be just fine. The first words out of my mouth were.."how will this effect our visitation?" Reece usually gets here on Thursday nights because of all the travel time involved. Being a teacher I realize that most schools have attendance policies. So I expressed GREAT concern over this. Long story short we were led to believe that it would not effect the visitation. So then after we got over the whole catholic part (nothing against catholics or anything...we just aren't catholic) we agreed that THIS year we would not argue if she wants to send him to Pre-K. So fast forward to last night...we find out that Reece will not be available for pickup until after 3:00 on Friday. WHAT??? I mean really...this is just rediculous. We are supposed to pick him up Friday afternoon, so that he goes to bed as soon as he gets here and then turn around Sunday and make the 10 hour round trip drive to San Antonio??? That leaves ONE day to actually spend time with him and do stuff. And to think that it was a fluke that this even came up at all. When was she going to tell us about this? I am slightly upset. :0)

I know that it is important for him to be in school. Hello...I am teacher! But I am not ready to have our time taken away. We would never have agreed to him going to this school if we knew this was the cost. I have no idea what is going to happen how. We actually have it written in our agreement and I quote"Once the child begins to attend school, Shawn may choose to alter his Thursday to Sunday weekend periods of possession to begin Friday at 6:00 PM and end on Sunday at 6:00 PM if he gives reasonable notice". May choose doesn't mean HAS TO in my dictionary. So what does that mean? Seems pretty cut and dry to me. We'll see...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That TOTALLY SUCKS!!!! It is absolutely NOT fair for YOU to spend 2 days of travel to visit with him for one day! Is it at all possible to have it changed to her having to bring him to you as soon as school is out on Fridays, and you guys do the returning? At least that is not as much travel time for 1 day. Besides the fact.... ONE DAY??? So hard! I am so sorry.