Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Reece


My sweet little Reece...where do I begin? Reece is my step son. I hate the word step in front of the word son. It reminds me of the evil stepmother in Cinderella and how she gave a all step moms a bad rep for like 100 years. I know that I did not give birth to Reece but I love him with every part of myself! I can not imagine my life without him and I want him to grow up knowing that he was wanted and loved from the very beginning of his life. After Shawn and I found out that Reece was on the way....we were not sure how our lives were going to melt together. This was not exactly the way we saw ourselves starting a family together. But God has His purpose and does not make mistakes. Reece was brought to us all for a special reason. I was just telling Shawn the other day that I think Reece was the turning point that brought both of us back into a strong relationship with God. There is nothing like an earthquake to get your attention. And we were definitely shaken to the core! I love Reece more than I could ever say. He is my son and I will always have a special bond with him because of all of the unique circumstances that we went through leading up to his arrival...and after his arrival. I made a promise to Reece when I first met him....I promised to always be there for him and love him just like his Mommy and Daddy love him.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. Romans 8:28.

No comments: