Sunday, January 29, 2012

Catching Up!

Well it has been a REALLY long while since I have blogged. With all that has been going on it has been too difficult to sit down and write. The main BIG news is that we are having a baby in April! We are very blessed after several months of seeing a fertility doctor that we got pregnant without having to go to extreme measures. We found out just after Thanksgiving that we are in fact having a little GIRL! So I have done over my blog with a little PINK to honor her! As of today she does not have a name! We are currently debating between Shelby Elizabeth and Katelyn Marie. Although her brother Blake wants to name her Lily so that is still on the table as well.

A good friend from church is also expecting a baby and we are due within a few days of each other so it will be an exciting Spring!

Perhaps the best news of all is that after the baby is born I will not have to return to work this school year and will have the whole summer to spend with her! I am really looking forward to that! With Blake I went back to work after 8 weeks and with Jackson only 6 weeks. So this will be a new experience for me.

Blake will be starting Kindergarten this fall! It is so hard to believe how fast that time has gone by. He is growing into such a sweet little boy. He is SO smart. We are constantly amazed with the things he knows! 

Jackson is growing fast too. He puts on a concert with his guitar almost every night for us in the living room. He seems to be almost finished with the terrible two's! Thank goodness!

Reece is doing well in first grade! He is reading and doing great in math. Hard to believe that he will be SEVEN this summer.

All the boys are extremely excited about their baby sister! Blake especially....talks to my tummy every day. The boys were hoping for a baby sister because "I already have 2 brothers so I want a sister". So I am glad they were not disappointed! I am pretty excited about a girl too! Although I am afraid that she will cost way more! Girl stuff is just too cute! We are about to start on the nursery. We have moved Reece and Blake in together on bunk beds, Jackson got a big boy bed and the baby is taking over Reece's old bedroom. So right now all we have in there is the nursery furniture and we will of course be painting pink! We just registered for some things at Babies R Us this weekend. I registered for the bedding at Pottery Barn Kids. It is so pretty! I can't wait to see how it all looks. I will be sure to post some pics when we finally finish!

No comments: