Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A letter to my younger self...

I saw a magazine article today and there were letters printed from women that were written to their younger selves. I thought this was a GREAT idea!

To Jennifer P. at age 17
From Jennifer R. at age 30

Dear Jennifer,
Here is what you need to know my dear....boys will come and go from your life. None of these boys will be lucky enough to be your husband. You will meet your husband in God's time. Be confident in who you are! You are beautiful, smart, a good person. Other people see it so you need to see it in yourself. Don't plan your life out in advance. Remember that God's plan is the one that matters. Don't make decisions based on a boy. Don't wait. Live life every single day. Never take anyone for granted. Someday they may not be there. Someday you will be a mother. You will have the life that you have always dreamed of because that is God's plan. Your life won't always be easy. Love will be tested and strengthened. God will allow you to suffer but only to bring you closer to Him. Sweet Jennifer....you're in such a hurry to know the future. Don't worry so much about tomorrow.

Never forget these words...

I don't know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day;
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future, For I know what Jesus said;
And today I'll walk beside Him, For He knows what is ahead

Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand

Love,
Me

No comments: